Could a Residency Personal Statement Sample Help You?
The medicine personal statement is often going to be the most important part of your application. The reason being that often there is little to tell applicants apart when it comes to grades and qualifications; so a well written application essay can often be the deciding factor in your being selected. However, writing that perfect personal statement that will give you that needed edge is often far from easy.
Our medical school personal statement sample can show you just how your own statement should be written. It is often far easier to see how something should be done through looking at an example rather than just trying to follow written instructions.
Our personal statement medical school sample essays are written by our highly qualified experts that have the admission writing skills and application knowledge required to produce a statement that is going to get you noticed. They have many years of experience helping applicants through our medical school personal statement service and know precisely what your application needs to cover.
How Can You Use a Medical School Personal Statement Sample
A good fellowship personal statement sample is often the best way to get to understand what is really expected of you within your application. A good sample will show you the right statement structure that you should use, the right style of writing to employ, and also the sorts of things that you should be covering within your writing. Our sample medical school application statements are often far more effective as helping you to write your own statement than many other ways of understanding how to put your application together.
However, you cannot simply copy a sample ERAS application statement and pass it off as your own. That is plagiarism and will almost certainly be discovered. You will also find that no med school application example is ever going to reflect you personally. Your statement must be unique to you so that it shows who you are and what your ambitions are for the future. Examples are only good for guidance and must never be copied or adapted.
How to Write an Effective Medical School Personal Statement
Writing your residency personal statement is not easy, even if you have looked at an excellent residency personal statement sample for guidance. The following tips will help you with ensuring that your statement will be written in a way that the admissions committee will take notice:
- Always open your statement with a hook; an interesting first line that will grab their attention and awaken their curiosity so that they want to read more.
- Use an anecdote to provide a storyline and flow for your statement. It should read like a story about you and not be a list of achievements or skills as with your resume.
- Make sure that you cover what the prompt for your essay asks for; many applicants forget to actually answer the essay that they are requested to write.
- Tailor your essay so that it reflects what the program is looking for; check carefully their documentation and website.
- Write about yourself; a personal statement is about you and not something that should speak about others.
- Always use your own words; avoid clichés and never copy anything. Do nor even use a quotation, they want to hear what you have to say.
- Write concisely; avoid wordiness within your writing. You need to get straight to the point as your word count is strictly limited.
- Use language that all can understand; do not try to be clever with unusual words and do not use acronyms or any form of slang.
- Be positive with what you write; they want to read why you do want to do something, not why you are not doing something else.
- Always carefully proofread what you have written to avoid any possible mistakes from slipping through.
As the experts at UNC Chapel Hill say:
“One of the many tasks you’ll do as part of your residency application process is write your own personal statement, a rare opportunity for you to actually “make it all about you”. A personal statement is not a CV or a resume, nor is it a regurgitation of either of those documents: it’s essentially a sales pitch, with you as the product”
We Can Help Write Your Personal Statement for ERAS
We offer a superior writing service through staff that are perfectly qualified to help you. We have been building our team of experts for several years and use staff that are highly qualified and that have already proven their abilities many times over. Through us you will work with a specialist that holds a relevant postgraduate degree as well as knowing exactly what the program committee will be looking for within your statement.
All of our writers have native level English skills and will work directly with you to help write your personal statement from scratch. All writing is done through direct communication to ensure that your statement fully reflects your personal skills and ambitions. There is never any copying when creating your statement.
Once your statement is completed you will be able to download it through the members area of the site so that you can review it. You should check that everything is accurate as well as being written in the way that you expect. You are entitled to an unlimited number of revisions and our specialists will continue working with you to make all changes until you are confident that your statement will be effective when your submit it.
Not only will you benefit from all of our specialists skills, you will also be able to take advantage of all of the following:
- Around the clock support and ordering through our website
- Ability to track your order 24/7 through our members area
- Proofreading performed on all services to eliminate all writing errors
- Plagiarism testing to confirm that your writing is original and copying free
- On time delivery and a quick turnaround within your requested deadline
- Fully confidential support at a very affordable price
- Guaranteed satisfaction with your medical personal statement or your money back